To understand drop shipping and its benefit, please first read: How to make drop shipping on my WordPress site?
Drop shipping from Magento on a WordPress site
If your supplier runs a Magento site, you can sell his products on your WordPress site.
To do that, you need:
- an access to his Magento database (it can be a read-only access)
- the plugin FG Magento to WooCommerce Premium
Steps to import the drop shipper database to WordPress
- Install WordPress
- Install the plugins WooCommerce and FG Magento to WooCommerce Premium
- Configure FG Magento to WooCommerce Premium using the Magento database credentials (host, login, password, database name, tables prefix). These informations should be provided by your supplier.
- Import the Magento products by clicking on the “Start/resume” import button
- Set your retail prices (if you want to manage your own prices)
- Automate the products synchronization. If your supplier adds new products, or update his existing products, your site can automatically be updated. For that, you must define a cron task on your WordPress server like
0 0 * * * php /path/to/wp/wp-content/plugins/fg-magento-to-woocommerce-premium/cron_import.php >>/dev/null
This will run the import/update process once a day at 0:00. You can off course change the frequency using the cron syntax.