To understand drop shipping and its benefit, please first read: How to make drop shipping on my WordPress site?
Drop shipping from PrestaShop on a WordPress site
If your supplier runs a PrestaShop site, you can sell his products on your WordPress site.
To do that, you need:
- an access to his PrestaShop database (it can be a read-only access)
- the plugin FG PrestaShop to WooCommerce Premium
Steps to import the drop shipper database to WordPress
- Install WordPress
- Install the plugins WooCommerce and FG PrestaShop to WooCommerce Premium
- Configure FG PrestaShop to WooCommerce Premium using the PrestaShop database credentials (host, login, password, database name, tables prefix). These informations should be provided by your supplier.
- Import the PrestaShop products by clicking on the “Start/resume” import button
- Set your retail prices (if you want to manage your own prices)
- Automate the products synchronization. If your supplier adds new products, or update his existing products, your site can automatically be updated. For that, you must define a cron task on your WordPress server like
0 0 * * * php /path/to/wp/wp-content/plugins/fg-prestashop-to-woocommerce-premium/cron_import.php >>/dev/null
This will run the import/update process once a day at 0:00. You can off course change the frequency using the cron syntax.
- If you want to manage your own prices, before running the update or automating the cron task, you must select “Don’t update the prices”.
And if new products are coming from the supplier, don’t forget to change the prices of these new products.